Every Bloomin’ Thing, Ltd is a full-service landscape company in Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands. We are looking for an organized, ambitious individual to fill the role of Landscape Supervisor. This position reports to the Managing Director. This is one of two supervisory positions responsible for overseeing the daily operations of our landscape department in Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands.
- Design, estimate, and coordinate irrigation projects.
- Troubleshoot and repair irrigation systems.
- Meet with clients and provide estimates for new landscape installations, supplemental work, maintenance contracts, & enhancements to improve the quality of landscape.
- Create and execute timelines for overall projects, including proper estimating, managing materials and labour costs, and efficient completion at or under budget.
- Report to the managing director any interaction with customers that may affect the cost, time frame or quality of project.
- Supervise and schedule up to twenty (20) landscape crew members.
- Schedule work routes to ensure client properties are serviced in a timely manner.
- Conduct job-site inspections to evaluate services performed.
- Assign tasks based on project needs and skills of employees, following up on the progress, ensuring quality of work meets the highest standards, and verifying completion of the tasks.
- Solve problems and issues as they arise on-site.
- Oversee and assist with the maintenance of properties and job installations including: planting, mowing, mulching, shrub pruning, weed and debris control, and pest management.
- Service, repair, and inventory of landscape maintenance equipment.
- Standard work week is 45 hours, 6 days/week with some overtime.
- Degree in Landscape/Horticulture or related business field preferred.
- A High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience in managing a landscape division including design, estimation, installation, maintenance service contracts, irrigation, and pest management.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English to include: presenting information and responding to questions, both verbal and written.
- Computer skills including email standard practices, MS Word and Excel.
- A valid Class 3 Cayman Islands driver’s license is required.
- Extensive knowledge of trees and shrubs for tropical zones is required.
- Experience with natural pruning and sheering is required.
- Knowledge of plant diseases, insects and related treatment protocols including chemical choice and application.
- Must be available to work days, evenings, Saturdays, Sundays and holidays.
- Pesticide certification is preferred.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Ability to perform physical activities which requires considerable use of arms, legs and moving your whole body such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping and handling various materials.
- Ability to work outdoors in an extreme environment and lift objects weighing 50-80 pounds.
- Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this Job Description at any time.
- The Job Description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee holding this position.
- Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.
- Health insurance contribution, matched pension and the ability to work and play on a beautiful island!
Salary: KYD $40,000 – $50,000 annually based on experience.
Email cover letter and resume to: email@example.com