Every Bloomin’ Thing, Ltd. is seeking an experienced Florist to fill a full-time position in our floral department. We are looking for a self-starter with initiative to grow the department and succeed in the floral and events market in Grand Cayman.
Floral Arrangements and Displays
- Accurately recreate arrangements in a variety of styles (e.g. modern, traditional, simplistic, holiday, and wedding).
- Create original floral designs.
- Make traditional corsages, bouquets, wreaths, and wedding decorations.
- Assist with the delivery of flowers to clients if necessary.
- Ability to keep an organized inventory for floral department products and tools.
- Skill to maintain organization of all retail, work, and floral storage spaces.
- Ability to frequently lift up to 50lbs.
- Knowledge of proper flower care, an understanding what flowers are in season and the colors available, and in and knowledge of a substantial database of available blooms.
Preparation and Storage
- Knowledge of processing, conditioning, preparing and maintaining flowers for use.
- Understanding of and ability to execute proper sanitizing procedures and general cleaning duties for buckets, vases and containers, refrigeration units, tools and workspaces.
- Ability to provide stellar customer service while selling arrangements and designs, working within clients’ budgets.
- Capability of to all customers, on the phone, online and in person.
- Ability to perform day-to-day duties involving organizing shipments of flowers and dry goods.
- Knowledge of pricing structures including markups and formulas.
- Initiate projects and ideas for keeping the company progressive, work spaces safe, the retail environment welcoming.
- Must keep an organized, updated diary of upcoming events, and inform all staff that need to be involved.
- Minimum 5 years experience as a Florist
- Computer literate with ability to use Microsoft Outlook Word, and Excel.
- Ability to frequently lift up to 50 lbs.
Computer and Floral skills will be tested prior to hiring.
Salary range KYD $23,400 – $31.200 based on experience.
Email resume and photos of work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org
This job description is not exhaustive. The Employer reserves the right to amend the Employee’s duties from time to time for the efficient conduct of the Employer’s business and any such change shall not constitute a unilateral change of the terms and conditions of the description.